The design of Chestnut Ridge offers a fresh perspective on what vibrant 62+ living in Emmaus can be. Imagine yourself as part of an innovative, yet charming community buzzing with activity at its core and inspired by holistic wellness. The cultural attractions of Emmaus are supplemented by the unique options within the community — a social hub in its own right!
Diverse Culinary Options
Connect with others as you explore your culinary options! Take a stroll over to the onsite pub for some food, drinks, and fun with friends. Don’t feel like cooking? Enjoy healthy and delicious casual dining at our indoor or outdoor seating areas, or visit one of the great restaurant options in the local community of Emmaus!
I love the area; I really like how close it is to my family.”
– Chestnut Club Depositor
Healthy and Sustainable Living
Our focus is on holistic wellness, which encompasses more than just physical fitness. The emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, occupational, financial, and environmental aspects of life are equally as important when it comes to ensuring that your aspirations for optimal well-being are met.
We offer a community wellness coordinator, active lifestyle programs, and community spaces and amenities focused on wellness, which offers a wealth of resources to help you become your most healthy, vital self.
Pursue Your Passions On and Off Campus
- Classes and sessions promoting creativity, culinary pursuits, leisure, socialization, nature, and fitness.
- Lifelong learning on campus and at nearby universities to nurture your intellectual health
- Regularly scheduled group outings to nearby venues and cultural hubs
- Partnerships in the local community to enjoy Lehigh Valley living
Engage with the Natural World
- Use your green thumb in your personal gardening area
- Mingle in the outdoor courtyards while enjoying the gorgeous views of South Mountain
- Take a short car ride to the plethora of local parks and gardens, including Wildlands Conservancy, South Mountain Reserve and Allentown Rose Gardens