Senior Wellness Series (Open To The Public)
Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. at Chestnut Ridge in Emmaus. Space is limited. Call 610-794-6590 to reserve your space today!
- May 13 – Get up and Dance with Zumba Gold Presented by Meredith Tavares, Zumba Instructor
Move to easy-to-follow, lower impact choreography, while having fun! The class focuses on all elements of fitness: cardiovascular, muscular conditioning, flexibility and balance! Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and sneakers, and bring your water bottle (small hand weights are optional).
- May 20 – Spring Forward with NO Falls! Presented by Susan Lynn, PT, Regional Director of Rehabilitation, Phoebe Ministries
Learn how falls in the aging baby boomer population can impact health and quality of life. Susan will educate and review how you can evaluate and predict future fall scenarios. Most importantly, learn how to gain core and lower extremity strength, whole body balance, and improved gait and speed walking.
- May 27 – Spirituality and Health Presented by Rev. Dr. Scott Brooks-Cope, Director of Pastoral Care, Phoebe Ministries
No matter what religion you practice or even if you have no religious practice, spirituality can be an important aspect of overall health and well-being. Learn how to integrate spirituality into your life for healthier living.
- June 3 – Breathe and Relax Presented by Jamie Moyer, MDiv, APCBCC, Chaplain, Phoebe Richland
Jamie will explore and demonstrate several styles of mindfulness-based meditation giving attention to simple mindfulness practices that may best suit your need.
- June 10 – The Importance of Healthy Eating Presented by Kathleen Guzevich, Dietician for Phoebe Ministries
Explore the benefits of healthy eating with one of Phoebe’s knowledgeable dieticians.
Disclaimer: Phoebe Ministries strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program or changing your diet. You should understand that when participating in the Chestnut Ridge Wellness Series activities, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this programming, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Phoebe Ministries from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of the Chestnut Ridge Wellness Series. The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.